Sunday, April 10, 2011

crawling productivity

It seems that I can only focus on one thing at a time; only have one main goal for the day, or one main focus for a week. It seems like a "normal" person could work on all of the following within a week:

research career options
work on blog
house hunt
make gift for a friend
exercise and eat healthy
clean house, pay bills, etc.

But for me, it seems usually I can only focus on one of those things at a time. If I try to take small bites of each, I just can't focus, I can't switch gears fast enough. I end up focusing on just one thing for 1 or 2 or 3 weeks instead of slowly building each one up. The problem is everything else falls by the wayside while I focus on the one thing. Not to mention, the amount I actually get accomplished in 2 weeks seems to me just 2 days' worth. This is not in my depressed state, per say. It's my normal, which I don't think is normal.
Part of it is because I do hit depressive funks every few weeks, and it always takes time to climb out of those, so my concentration and interests shift a lot.

I . . . feel . . . so . . . slow

No comments:

Post a Comment