Monday, May 9, 2011

Screen


I have been cheated out of life. I live behind a screen and watch others move about and work and build and live lives of activity and productivity and achievement and consistency and even happiness. I sit behind this screen alone and surrounded by piles of projects dreamed, wood rotted before the seed even produced a sapling.

The screen seems so fragile sometimes; it is semi-translucent so I think it is thin and flimsy and should shred at the slightest brushing of my hand. But it thick as life, the life I should be living, and even my words cannot penetrate the distance through.

2 comments:

  1. I live behind the screen with you.
    Amazing who you can find when You're reaching out or looking for 'something' to make you feel a tinsy bit 'normal'.

    My name is mel and I am melissamarie on MDJUNCTION.
    Just wanted to stop by and take a look.
    I have bipolar type 2 with rapid cycling and MPD.(multiple personality disorder)

    Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. It helps me feel more "normal" when I feel less isolated--when I realize other people are looking through that same screen.
    MD Junction is a great place.

    ReplyDelete